Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service implies stockpiling and/or sharing given content on a server administered by a web hosting provider. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's study these. Doing so, you can choose what you need, based on whether you desire to launch a web site, mail addresses, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service delivered by some firms, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file hosting services frequently involve ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain interval of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely amiss explanation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would distribute the tasks at hand between autonomous groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain distributors provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you would like to share a big number of pics with chums or partners since the solution is usually free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your mail address accounts. Some firms offer site hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to possess an email address with your domain name but do not desire to have a website, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video produces a given amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and a few hundred viewers, you may have a hard time with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video will allow you to own as many video files as you want to without worrying about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to have a web site. To a certain extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting groups since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and emails, upload video clips, and so on. At WEVOPP, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the customary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for particular web content only.